Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's Official! I'm Bonkers Over Baby Props!

 What is it about little babies?  Is it the way they smell, the cute little faces they make when they're sleeping, or just because they're so teeny tiny?  Whatever the reason, I just can't have enough of little babies.  Luckily, I've been hit with a number of my brides from the past couple of years coming in to do their pregnancy photographs so I'll be doing a string of newborn photos with them soon.  That got me thinking...what new thing can I offer them?

 So I've been taking seminars on baby photography to see what's new and exciting, and I fell in love with the baby beds.  I've borrowed some images from other great photographers to show you what I mean.  Isn't it just too cute?  Itty bitty, teeny tiny beds that little babies can fit on.  So I finally ordered one the other day and it should arrive by next week.  But could I stop there?  Of course not!  I decided to order some nifty vinyl backdrops that look like wood flooring, wallpaper and the such.  They come in 5'x7' sheets and can be rolled up and stored out of sight.  How convenient!  With that, I need to make a trip to Home Depot or Lowe's to get some really tall baseboards to stain and paint to match the flooring.  Yeah, another good reason to shop at the Depot!  Seriously, I love shopping there because you can craft some cool props with stuff there.  If you look at these images, the top two have cool floors with baseboards and the middle one has a wallpaper look.  This is what I'm going for.

So, let me know what you think.  Is this a good thing for newborn photography?  Would you want an image like this hanging in your home?  What would you do differently?  And the really important question is, am I really bonkers over baby props?

No comments:

Post a Comment